Winter activity adventure
Teen Ranch is pleased to offer winter outdoor adventures for you and your family to enjoy this winter! Our lockdown-friendly activities provide a chance to get your family outdoors, play together, explore the beautiful Teen Ranch landscape and get in that much-needed outdoor fitness, mental health break that’s hard to come by these days. Research shows that even just 120 minutes a week has a marked improvement on mental health, not to mention keeping our bodies active!
Outdoor recreation is considered essential during the province-wide shutdown. Learn moreBook now
This family winter adventure includes:
Three snow-play activities, each with an alternative activity if no snow is available. Each activity is 45 minutes long with a 15 min break (washroom available)
- Pond Skate (ice) / Broom Ball (no ice): Enjoy Teen Ranch’s skating pond for a truly picturesque outdoor skate (bring your own skates). No snow? No problem! Instead, enjoy a little family friendly broom ball competition (broomball equipment provided).
- Tubing (snow) / Scavenger Hunt (no snow): Teen Ranch snow tubing is a camp favourite…now it’s your turn (snow tubes provided)! This scavenger hunt will take you across the property and introduce you to new facts and information as you go. Complete as a family or team up against each other—it’s up to you!
- Snowshoeing (snow) / Hike (snow / no snow): Whatever the weather, get your legs moving, your heart pumping, and enjoy the gorgeous scenery! Marked trails and map provided as well as snowshoes for ages 11 and up.
And of course every good outdoor day includes a camp fire and free hot chocolate to warm you up!
All required equipment is included in the price. Helmets are recommended but not provided. Please bring your own.
For those of you begging for more outdoor time, you can consider one of these exciting add-ons:
- Hayride: This is your chance to be toured around Teen Ranch’s beautiful site and enjoy the sheer fun of being pulled along on a wagon of hay. One of the simple pleasures of ranch fun, now possible for you to enjoy together!
- Trail ride: Always a favorite for those ten and older, Teen Ranch trail rides offer the chance to meet and greet your own trail horse who will lead you through the hills and flatlands of this scenic Caledon property. Our horses are waiting to take you on this winter adventure and our trained staff will be there to ensure a safe trek!
When is it?
Saturdays, January 9 through March 27, 2021 (9:30 – 12:30 pm OR 1:00 – 4:00 pm)
What does it cost?
$150 +HST per family.Book now
Open to families of the same household, up to five persons per family.
Families of 6-10 persons can book two slots.
- Trail Ride - $55 +HST per person/one-hour
- Hayride - $75 +HST per family (two families max, socially distanced)
Check out the benefits to you and your family of time invested playing outdoors!
Frequently asked questions
Isn't there a province-wide shutdown due to Covid-19?
Teen Ranch is happy to be able to offer this opportunity to families that fit within the current Ontario Shutdown restrictions. We are thankful that outdoor recreation is considered essential, with strict safety measures in place. We have planned low-risk activities that keep families physically distanced from any staff member or other family and meet capacity restrictions. All indoor areas are closed except for a regularly-sanitized washroom. These restrictions and measures are in place now to January 23, 2021, in the Peel Region.
Teen Ranch is committed to meeting all requirements to offer this outdoor activity to your family:
Current Ontario Shutdown Restrictions and Safety Measures
To summarize what applies to Winter Adventure Activity, the following are deemed acceptable under current lockdown measures: Outdoor recreational amenities:
A permitted outdoor recreational amenity may only open if:
- Certain outdoor recreational amenities are permitted to open, such as parks and recreational areas, baseball diamonds, sports fields (for example, soccer, football), basketball courts, skate parks, ice rinks, golf courses and driving ranges, and playgrounds, horse riding facilities, ice rinks, ice-skating, snow-shoe trails, tobogganing hills.
- Skil hills are closed.
- Any person who enters or uses the amenity maintains a physical distance of at least 2 metres from other person using the amenity (excluding members of the same household).
- Team sports, or other sports or games where people may come within 2 metres of each other, are not practiced or played within the amenity.
- Any locker rooms, change rooms, showers and clubhouses remain closed, except to the extent they provide access to equipment storage, a washroom, or a portion of the amenity that is used to provide first aid.
Are tickets required?
Yes. You must register with payment in advance and bring your tickets for entry. Please ensure that names match those registered.
To enter the property, a family Covid Screening Declaration must be submitted online within 48 hours prior to your arrival and verbal confirmation upon your arrival that there has been no changes to your answers.
This is a pre-registered event. We are not able to accommodate walk-ins or additional guests.
Should I arrive in advance?Please arrive on time. Gate opens 15 minutes prior to booking time. If you arrive late, you will miss a portion of your activities. You will not be able to add that time to the end of your visit. Families are expect to leave the property within 15 meetings of their program finishing.
Can we come early or stay on property after our booked adventure?In order to meet current capacity requirements and restrictions, you must arrive and depart at the times booked. You may extend your time by booking trail rides or hay rides before or after your adventure time.
Does each member of my family require a Covid Screening Declaration? Even my baby/toddler?Any person from the youngest to the oldest, must have a completed Covid Screening Declaration completed by them or for them where applicable. Each child counts towards capacity limits.
Can I change or cancel my booking date or time?
No, all Winter Activity Adventure bookings are final. We are unable to rebook your visit.
We would appreciate an email if you must cancel your visit to Winter Activity Adventure. Please email us at [email protected] if you are unable to attend.
We are not able to offer refunds. All sales are final.
Understanding that life happens, transfers to a family you know will be considered on a case by case basis, depending on family numbers. We must be notified within 24 hours before the booking to be able to consider a transfer. This transfer cannot include more than one family.
What happens if I lose or forget my ticket receipt?If you lose or forget your ticket receipt, please bring a valid identification that corresponds with the name on your ticket receipt purchase and our Staff will assist you.
What should we wear?Dress warm and in layers. Hats, neck warmers, snow clothes, winter boots, warm socks, and layered clothing underneath will ensure that you have fun outdoors! You will have opportunity to warm up by a fire with hot chocolate and some point during your booking.
Can I bring my own equipment?You are welcome to bring your own snow shoes, but please no tubes or other sledding apparatus. Only Teen Ranch tubes will be permitted on the hill. Equipment for all activities is included in the price (apart from ice skates and helmets), but the prices will not be reduced if you bring your own equipment.
Do I need to wear a mask during the event?Masks must be worn if you are within two metres of a non-family member and when using the indoor washroom.
Can I bring my own snacks?Yes, please do, but all snack and beverage items must be kept with your family and all trash and recyclables taken back home with you. Teen Ranch will provide your family with hot chocolate!
Can I take my own pictures?Absolutely! Please capture your memories and feel free to #WinterActivityAdventure
Are pets allowed?Only Service Animals are permitted at Teen Ranch. Please bring documents and your pet must wear its vest.