Learn to Skate
Learn to Skate
|Mondays: 6:00pm - 6:50pm (10 Sessions)||June 29, 2020 (Monday) - August 31, 2020 (Monday)||3+||$400.00|
|Tuesdays: 3:00pm - 3:50pm (8 Sessions. No skate Jul 28 & Aug 11)||June 30, 2020 (Tuesday) - September 1, 2020 (Tuesday)||3+||$320.00|
|Wednesdays: 5:30pm - 6:20pm (10 Sessions)||July 1, 2020 (Wednesday) - September 2, 2020 (Wednesday)||3+||$400.00|
|Thursdays: 4:30pm - 5:20pm (10 Sessions)||July 2, 2020 (Thursday) - September 3, 2020 (Thursday)||3+||$400.00|
|Fridays: 4:30pm - 5:20pm (9 Sessions. No skate Aug 14)||July 3, 2020 (Friday) - September 4, 2020 (Friday)||3+||$360.00|
- Ice time must be reserved and paid for online at register.trmanager.com before your first session. The office will not be open.
- Teen Ranch will not reimburse or credit any summer ice sessions missed for any reason.
- Skaters wishing to switch any pre-registered skating date(s) with another pre-registered skater for any reason may do so provided that they notify Patty in advance.
- Register early to avoid disappointment because there are only 9 skaters allowed on the ice per session and one coach.
- Skaters must be dropped off at the arena dressed with skates on and bring their own water bottles, tissues, etc. Skate bags should be kept in the car. Parents and guardians will not be permitted to stay in the arena.
- Skaters must take a verbal Health Screening Questionnaire before each session.
- Skaters must leave the arena promptly after each session.
- Skaters must practice physical distancing on and off the ice.
Learn the basics of skating for all ice sports in this fun and fast-paced Teen Ranch Program. Our Learn-to-Skate Programs provide a solid start for participants of all ages and abilities. From the first steps on the ice to forwards, backwards, stops and turns, skaters will improve their balance, control and agility with small group instruction by our fully certified and experienced staff coaches.
- Progress reports, awards and incentives are included in the program.
- CSA approved hockey helmets mandatory.
Choose your area of interest:
"Intro to Skating"This program is for the beginner skater and will focus on the basic skills of balance, forward and backward skating and stopping.
"Intro to Figure Skating"Skaters that have achieved basic skills and have an interest in figure skating will be introduced to edges, turns, crosscuts, spins and jumps. A figure skate with good fit and support will speed progress. We recommend skatingboutique.com
When participants have mastered introductory figure skating skills, they will be invited to join the Dufferin-Peel Skating Club to pursue Skate Canada tests and competitions.
"Intro to Hockey Skating"Skaters that have achieved basic skating skills and have an interest in hockey will learn edges, turns & crosscuts and focus on developing strong skating skills for their game.
Hockey equipment may be worn.
This is a great addition to our other Teen Ranch Hockey Programs!
"Pleasure Skating"This is the program for skaters that have basic skating skills and want to continue learning for fun and fitness.